About Kernersville Earth Day
In addition to being a Zero Waste Event, this Earth Day Celebration will be packed with educational opportunities for people of all ages. Check out the different sections of Kernersville Earth Day and stop by our Fb Event page, give us a like, and don't forget to share it with others who may be interested.
What does Earth Day mean to you?
2 Categories: Earth Day Poster Design and
Expressions of Earth
- Any child in grades 1 through 12 in Kernersville is eligible to participate
- Submission must fit on 11x17(tabloid) for poster design and fit into a 2 ft. space for free form Expressions of Earth category.
- Only one entry per contestant.
- Artwork must be student’s original work and not violate any copyright laws.
- Deadline: April 19 th at 5 p.m for judging at Living Hope Church.
- Selection Criteria: Originality, Creativity, Earth Day theme, Artistry
- Prize: Winning poster design will be used in next years event. Kona shaved Ice party for winners class, and Awards at Alderman meeting. Prizes for Expressions of Earth category include cash prizes, and Awards at Alderman meeting. $50 gift card to the two 1st place winners Art Teachers!
- Winners will be announced on Kernersville Earth Day, April 20th. Media suggestions: paint, drawing, sculpture, recycled, photography, poetry, fabrics…
- Please forward any questions to ChantalM@seed2seed.org
Vendors will be on site to educate on a multitude of Earth Related topics. Vendors have a wide array of products, services, and education for Kernersville and surrounding areas.
Interested in becoming a vendor? Click HERE to be directed to the vendor page where you can fill out the application and secure your spot now!
Pay it Forward Cards Provide a fresh food box full of healthy, seasonally appropriate, and locally grown produce to people in need from our community. Cards are available in
$10, $25, and $50 amounts.
S2S partners with local non profits to distribute Pay it Forward Cards to support health and wellness as part of a holistic approach to healing both physically and spiritually.
Educational Events Throughout The Day
- 10 am Toby Bost: Native trees of the Carolinas
- 10:30 am S2S: How to Plant a Tree (FULL/ CLOSED)
- 11 am Sara Devine: Improving Bees's and Our Lives
- 12 noon J. Eric Mathis: Regenerate Forsyth and the Living Lab Platform
- 12:30 am S2S: How to Plant a Tree
- 1:30 pm Adrienne Roethling: Square Foot Gardening
- 2:30 pm Josh Williams: Medicinal Herbs
- 3:00 pm S2S: How to Plant a Tree
- 3:30 pm Bill Nelson: 7 Layers of Permaculture
Kids Recycled Craft Zone Sponsored by TARGET
Join the TARGET TEAM in creating some crafts that are Sustainably made by reusing recyclables.
- Bring your own, or recycle our cardboard or plastic egg containers to plant some seeds to take home and grow. (No Styrofoam please) Plastic tri-fold egg cartons make great green houses and can be used multiple times! Cardboard egg cartons can be planted right into the ground.
- Save those toilet paper or paper towel rolls and make a bird feeder to feed, and identify your native birds. You can teach your kids about recycling by bringing your own rolls and transforming them on Kernersville Earth Day! We also have plenty of rolls to go around!
Seed2Seed will be giving garden tours and showing how Non- Traditional Agriculture can work. Weather permitting we will have opportunities to learn how to plant seeds, transplants, trees and shrubs.
Would you like to plant a tree on Kernersville Earth Day? We welcome all ages to come and sign up for a How to Plant a Tree Demo. Participants will receive a certificate of Earth Stewardship from Seed2Seed! There will only be three demos spaced out over the day so if you have a group or school class please email ChantalM@Seed2Seed.org to reserve a time slot.
Other wise it is first come first serve the day of the event.
Demos are scheduled for 10:30 am, 12:30 pm, and 3:00 pm.