Community Change needs to happen from within the community and our volunteers are making an impact!
Volunteering is a great way to have a positive impact on your local community. While most of our outreach is centered around a garden theme, there are many opportunities to volunteer outside of the garden as well. Some of these areas including writing articles for our Newsletter, implementing social media and marketing, meal planning, food prep, cooking instruction, carpentry skills for building structures such as signs, storage buildings, and covered work spaces, networking, donation sourcing, and grant writing as well.
God has created us all differently and blessed us with different skills and abilities. Share your gifts with the community and make a difference right where you live!
Ready to Volunteer Now? Check out our Calendar where you can make a Volunteer "Reservation". We are currently only taking Volunteer Reservations on Mondays and Saturdays as we test out this new way to connect. If you are wanting to volunteer on another day just fill out the form below and we will get back to you promptly to schedule a time. You can also check out our Fb page for postings about farm activities open to the public.
Important: Each volunteer must sign the “Release and Waiver Liability” before working with Seed2Seed/Seed2Seed Farm. Please read this wavier carefully before you sign.
RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY
This Release and Waiver of Liability (the “Release”) in favor of Seed2Seed/ Seed2Seed Farm, a non-profit corporation organized and existing under the laws of the State of North Carolina, USA, its directors, officers, employees, agents, successors and assigns (“Seed2Seed and Seed2Seed Farm” herein).
The individual desires to volunteer for Seed2Seed/ Seed2Seed Farm and engage in the activities related to being a volunteer (the “Activities”). I, the volunteer hereby freely and voluntarily, without duress, execute this Release under the following terms:
1. Waiver and Release. I, the volunteer release, forever discharge, indemnify and hold harmless Seed2Seed/ Seed2Seed Farm from any and all liability, claims, and demands of whatever kind or nature, either in law of in equity, which arise or may hereafter arise from the Activities at Seed2Seed/ Seed2Seed Farm. I, the volunteer understand and acknowledge that this Release discharges Seed2Seed/ Seed2Seed Farm from any liability or claim that I, or my guardians or successors may have against Seed2Seed/ Seed2Seed Farm with respect to bodily injury, personal injury, illness, death, and/or property damage that may result from my Activities with Seed2Seed/ Seed2Seed Farm, whether caused by the negligence of Seed2Seed/ Seed2Seed Farm or otherwise. It is also understood that Seed2Seed/ Seed2Seed Farm does not assume any responsibility for or obligation to provide financial assistance or other assistance, including but not limited to medical, health, or disability insurance in the event of injury, illness, death, or property damage.
2. Insurance. I, the volunteer understand that Seed2Seed/ Seed2Seed Farm does not carry or maintain health, medical, or disability insurance coverage for any volunteer. I expressly waive any such claim for compensation or liability on the part of Seed2Seed/ Seed2Seed Farm in the event of such injury or medical expense.
3. Medical Treatment. I, the volunteer hereby release and forever discharge Jerusalem Farm from any claim whatsoever which arises or may hereafter arise on account of any first aid treatment or other medical services rendered in connection with my Activities with Seed2Seed/ Seed2Seed Farm
4. Assumption of Risk. I, the volunteer understand that the time with Seed2Seed/ Seed2Seed Farm may include activities which may be hazardous to me including, but not limited to, construction activities, use of power tools, use of cutting tools, loading and unloading of heavy equipment and materials, climbing ladders, transportation to and from work sites, and also include volunteering with and around animals such as chickens, larva, bees, and plants that may have thorns, spikes, or may be poisonous such a Poison Ivy. Also I, the volunteer recognize and understand that the time with Seed2Seed/ Seed2Seed Farm may, in some situations, involve inherently dangerous activities. These potential dangers are part of and inherent to the activity I am going to engage in and in some instances the activities cannot be made safer. As the volunteer, I hereby expressly assume the risk of injury or harm in these activities and release Seed2Seed/ Seed2Seed Farm from all liability for injury, illness, death, or property damage resulting from these activities. I further assert and agree that I will adhere to all instructions given to me by Seed2Seed/ Seed2Seed Farm.
5. Photographic and Statement Release. As the volunteer, I grant and convey unto Seed2Seed/ Seed2Seed Farm all right, title, and interest in any and all photographic images, video or audio recordings, and statements or writing made by or to Seed2Seed/ Seed2Seed Farm during my Activities with Seed2Seed/ Seed2Seed Farm (the “Materials”), including, but not limited to, any royalties, proceeds, or other benefits derived from such materials. I grant Seed2Seed/ Seed2Seed Farm unrestricted right and permission to use the Materials for any lawful purpose whatsoever. I waive any right of publicity or privacy I might have with respect to such Materials.
6. Other. As the volunteer I expressly agree that this Release is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the State of North Carolina in the USA, and that this Release shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of North Carolina. I agree that in the event that any clause or provision of this Release shall be held to be invalid by any court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such clause or provision shall not otherwise affect the remaining provisions of this Release, which shall continue to be enforceable.